Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Made-It Linky

Hi friends!

Today I am linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for her Monday Made-It linky party that I L.U.V!!!

mondaymadeit2_240x240

First up,…the morning and night schedule all over Pinterest. McDreamy and I have been talking for the past few days about getting Rapunzel back on her “school” schedule. She starts Pre-K in August!! Yes, I will admit, she has been going to bed way later than normal this summer and sleeping in way later than normal. So, when I came across this schedule on Pinterest, I knew I had to make it work! I went straight to the original link for the pin….i heart organizing and printed out both her morning and night schedule. I am a new follower of her blog. It is amazing! After printing it out, I went to Dollar General…picked up 2 frames {$8.00 for 2}…spray painted them white, put painter’s tape over the white after it dried, and sprayed yellow spray paint over the frames…and wha-lah! {I was terrible at not taking pictures during}

_-19-2 _-18-2 _-21-2

Next up, printing on burlap! I came across this idea through my friend Jennifer’s blog. Her friend printed a calendar on burlap and framed it. I fell in love! Around here, I need a calendar right in front of me at all times. Last week, Rapunzel had a swim lesson make-up at 10:30…and this lady showed up at 8:30! Yep, what a way to be punctual!

The tutorial I found for printing on burlap calls for freezer paper…I didn’t have any, so I just taped my burlap to cardstock paper before putting it in the printer. Again, I did not do a good job of taking pictures during….but I did manage to get one after it printed!!

_-28-2

After it printed, I let the ink dry for a few minutes, peeled the tape off and put inside my frame {from Wal-Mart}.

I used a wipe-off marker that we had…but I will need to get a smaller tip for next month!

_-30-2

I haven’t decided where I want to hang it yet. I would love to hang it on our backsplash in the kitchen…but still looking for something to hang it with. Trying to avoid putting a hole in the grout.

Click here for the calendar.

Happy Monday friends!

15 comments:

  1. That is so cool. Thanks for sharing.

    ✣ Miss Nelson✣
    Miss Nelson’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those are so cute! I had no idea you could print on burlap! Does any fabric work the same way? I would use a 3m hook to hang the calendar. Those things are amazing. I find all kinds of uses for them. I currently have 2 inside my cabinet with pots hanging on them.
    Dana
    www.funin1stgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thank you Dana! I will have to get some of those.

      Delete
  3. I love anything that involves burlap!
    Super cute!
    Drop by anything :)

    Tracy

    Creekside Teacher Tales

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crafts are terrific! You did a great job painting the stripes on the frame, such a cute idea! Thanks for the inspiration...now if I can only remember to get some burlap next time I go to Hobby Lobby.

    Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out really great! I love the stripes on the frame. Definitely something I need to remember. Right now I am currently striping up my wall in the dining room... talk about lots of patience and measuring!!!!

    Amanda
    redseventeen@gmail.com
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unique idea! I wouldn't have thought to print on burlap! I love it!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sooo cool!! I love the burlap calendar........it's on my list. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Shannon
    Sweet n Sassy in 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the morning and evening schedule. This will be perfect for my daughter on another year. Thanks for sharing.

    Sarah
    Teaching Star Students

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your calendar! So sharp! I super love your routine pics....those frames are so cute with the stripes:) Thanks for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete