Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Another hot mess!

I was telling my good friend Shannon today that I have been holding off on posting any pictures of my classroom until it was completely done and ready to go. Well ladies, that could possibly mean not posting them until October or later! We had to take everything off our walls, cabinets, desks, tables, well….EVERYTHING because all classrooms and our building were getting re-painted. Soooo needless to say, it is like starting completely over! This is my second week in my classroom, and I seriously feel like I am just working away…in complete circles! So, I decided to post what I have so far….

DSC_0121

Yep…this is the real life of a teacher’s classroom! Everything everywhere!

DSC_0120

I spent most of today {3 hours to be exact} laminating and cutting. At one point I heard the laminator make a growling noise. I swear that thang’ was pretty ticked off at me.

Do you see those cute little black and yellow Truffula tree trunks in the background?! Sorry the cute little tops are cut off. Found that little idea off Pinterest!

Click here to go to the original source. 

Do you see all those fancy little chair covers?! So stinkin’ excited about these. I found them at Target for $1.00 with their new back to school stuff. They are Jumbo book covers. They had tons! All different colors and prints. When I went back to snag up a few more on Saturday {just incase any get torn} they were 68 cents!! I was so giddy. I’m pretty sure I went and grabbed a cute top JUST because I knew I was saving some money. :)

Oh, annd do you remember this post about my ridiculous amounts of files that I have been hoarding for 5 years. Well, I have you know that I brought them home shortly after my post to begin going through them. I was going to be a go getter and get them done super quick! Um-hum we’ve all had those thoughts right?! One week before school starts and they are still sitting so nice and pretty in Rapunzel’s play room!

DSC_0122

I am taking a day off tomorrow from my classroom to spend some girly time with my Rapunzel before the early mornings and early bedtimes start. I will be back in there on Friday to finish things up…or so I am promising myself! I will be back with completed pictures and some freebies soon.

I am off to work on that terrible mess you see in Rapunzel’s play room!

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry..I'm sure everything will get done soon enough...enjoy your little break with your Rapunzel!

    P.S. I saw that you use Houghton Mifflin's Journeys series...so do I! How do you like it?


    Gladys
    http://teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!! Definitely enjoy your time with that sweet girl b/c our summer is almost over. I'm glad you got your laminating done. I'm about to give everyone in my family a pair of scissors and we are going to have a cutting party. :)

    Shannon
    Sweet n Sassy in 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,
    At least you can get in your room! My room has had a summer program in it all summer and I'm afraid to see what it will look like...Ack! :(

    I’m having my big 100 follower giveaway! I’d love it if you wanted to come on over for a visit sometime. Thanks!
    Your Follower,
    Corinna :)
    Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle!! I just featured your Fabulous Blogger Friday post...well it's actually Saturday since I've been so busy! Stop by & take a peek when you get a chance!:)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete