Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Where I’ve been…

We need so much prayer right now. We need an army of prayer! We left January 28, 2014 with so much joy as our family drove to the doctor's office to find out if our second child that we prayed a year and a half for would be a boy or girl. We found out that we are having a boy. He has such a strong heart but there's quite a bit of things in his body that need lots of healing. We were told that our baby had severe complications due to a diagnosis called Spina Bifida. We were told that he would not be compatible with life and would have multiple struggles. After several tests and doctors visits, we were told that the opening in his back is severe - one of the largest they have ever seen. The opening is from the middle of his ribs to the highest part of his sacrum. When we asked the doctors the chances of this ever going away or him ever having the best quality of life, they told us that only a miracle can do that. We know that our family serves such an amazing God that can indeed perform any miracle he wants. Our baby needs one. He needs to be healed so desperately. We know that God does not make mistakes and everything going on in his body was placed in those special places for God’s glory.
January 28th is the day we received the most devastating news of our lives – we realized that our baby may never walk, run, or even feel the grass between his toes. It is the day we fully learned that we have no control over anything in this life. The day the word FAITH became so real. It is also the day we began our journey. Throughout this journey, we have begun to see how powerful the Holy Spirit and prayer is. We have seen the Holy Spirit work through family, friends, and complete strangers. We have learned how fragile life truly is.

“Do not be afraid…only believe.” Mark 5:36
-The Hudgeons Family

15 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray for you and your family Michelle <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you and your family trillions of prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Michelle! Your family will definitely be in our prayers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe in the power of prayer...you and your family will be in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart breaks for you, dear one. I'm praying for God's supernatural and miraculous healing of Piercen. I pray that He will be near to you and give you the strength and peace that comes only from Him. I pray that He will perform such a miracle that the medical community will be blown away and there will be no human answers or explanations...just God. Keep the faith...... Joshua 1:9

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle - My heart just hurts...but when I read that you are a believer and know that Our God, our Awesome God is in control I knew you would be okay through it all. I am praying for all of you during this time. xoxo,
    Vicky
    Jer. 29:11 - He knows the plans He has for baby Piercen...this is no surprise to our Great God. <3
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry. Please know we are praying for you and your family. God works in amazing ways. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.
    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers going up for all of you! Take care of yourself as you await your precious little one!
    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think of you and your family daily. I know you waited long and prayed hard for this sweet miracle. As did my husband and I for our sweet Reagan. I am convicted by your trust and patience in the Lord. I know God can do miracles! I'm finally pregnant after being told we only had a 1-5% chance of ever conceiving! I have faith God will keep His arms around Piercen. You are such an inspiration and your sweet Piercen is bringing so many to know Christ in a whole new way. He is making a difference in this world and he's not even born yet! Prayers from our family for yours will never cease.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending prayers to you and your family. I myself, am a miracle child. God can do some AMAZING things. Bless you and your family during this time.

    Marcy
    Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came across your page thru an awesome blogger Amy Lemmons. I wanted to let you know how much your story has touched my heart. As I worshipped this morning at church I thought about your precious baby and your beautiful family. I believe that our God will show Himself in your life, your family, but most of all your precious baby's life. I will continue to believe with you and everyone else for a miracle for your baby. I am a mother of two precious girls ages 15 and 3. I understand how you feel as a caring mother, loving our children unconditionally. Your baby, you, and your entire family will continue to be in my prayers.

    God Bless
    N. Glover

    ReplyDelete
  12. Proverbs 3:5-6......Praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayers for you and your family. God is faithful--and loves you and your little gift more than we can comprehend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Piercen has been knit together in your womb by the Almighty. Will pray for you and your beautiful family. Blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete