Saturday, September 20, 2014

Five 4 Friday

I’m linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching for a little Five for Friday fun…on a Saturday that is! It’s going to be short and sweet because we are about to head out with family to take my priss to an indoor trampoline park! She seriously cannot wait!
This week we worked on character traits! I always try to push this skill in any time I read a book to get my kiddos familiar with it. We read Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon and then created a {{not so cute}} anchor chart to describe her along with a fun little craftivity.
photo 4You can download the craftivity here

In math we are working on composing and decomposing numbers to 10. We learned about lots of different strategies for adding. One of their favorites was the “Flip Flop” Strategy. We used Amy’s craftivity and cards to practice. I think the flash on my camera caused the number sentence to not show up on the flip flops!
Slide3    Slide2
And, we practiced a LOT with this skill during math groups.
Slide1For decomposing numbers we used goldfish! Subtraction is always so tricky for our kiddos so my team made things yummy and exciting with lots of goldfish, cubes, and writing on desks.
photo 1
You can download the goldfish mat by clicking below.
Slide1 One of my literacy stations is Word Work. The minute I saw Reagan Tunstall’s Word Work pack I fell in love and knew I had to use it in my room! Every week we do the same word work activities. I love it because it is consistent and the kiddos are so independent at it! Her pack requires very little prep work. The class favorite is the book. They LOVE using our glitter bingo markers! You can find the markers here on Amazon.
photo-10And…I saved the best for last!
Our angel baby turned 3 months old this week! He is getting stronger every day. His sissy has a LOT to do with that! She plays and talks to him constantly!
Slide4 
Visit Doodlebugs Teaching to see what others are sharing for their Five for Friday!
fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]_thumb[2]

2 comments:

  1. Are those vinyl clouds on your small group table used for a whiteboard?!?! How do they hold up over time?

    ReplyDelete