Sunday, August 16, 2015

Classroom Tour with lots of FREEBIES!

As you may have read in my last post, it was time for some MAJOR change in my classroom decor this year! Here's a little peek into my farmhouse chic inspired classroom. 


Over the summer I came across the most adorable shiplap inspired wood bulletin board paper at our local teacher store, and knew I had to use throughout my room. 

This will be our reading board where we display any reading craftivities, anchor charts, etc. 

Wood paper by Pacon here
Chalkboard banner from Target
Teal border by Teacher Created Resources here
Chalkboard chevron border by Creative Teaching Press here

I wanted the wood to carry over to all my bulletin boards to create consistency throughout my room. 

Our district requires us to create a social contract with our students, so that will be displayed here. 

Polka dot pom poms are from Hobby Lobby
Boarders here
Wood paper by Pacon here

This board will display any crafts. I will change out the words on the chalkboard and the banner to match whatever is hanging below. 

Wood paper by Pacon here
Banner from Target
Chalkboard clips from Michael's
Large chalkboard made by husband and I 

This might just be my favorite wall in my room. It is right above our library. 

Burlap paper lanterns are from Teacher Created Resources here


I spent a few days this summer spray painting all my old Dollar Tree locker bins silver to look like metal bins. 


I used the cheapest silver metallic spray paint I could find. Afterwards I sprayed a clear spray paint over them to prevent too much chipping. Hopefully. 

Library labels are by Reagan Tunstall

I used this organizer from Target for my centers last year and loved it. I repainted it gray to go along with my color scheme. I found all the bins at Target. Can you believe those cute metal ones were in Target's Dollar Spot?!? 


This is my desk area. I purposefully left my desk out of the picture. It is a hot mess right now! 

Everything pictured here is from Hobby Lobby except for the dice (hand me downs from my sister), small black and brown smile sign (Target), and the Good Vibes Only sign (Linen and Lace Shop).

I don't know about you, but curtains in a classroom drive me nuts! They get so disgusting with dust! This year I decided to not use curtains and go with something different. I found these tassel garlands at Hobby Lobby for half off and of course had to get. 


Next up is my rug. I originally bought a flower one and ended up taking it back for something that could handle dirt a little better. This is actually an inside outside rug - they are much easier to clean! 

Rug from Target here

When I saw my sweet friend Michelle Oakes' Neat Seats I knew I had to use them in my room. Y'all. They are good stuff. 

chalkboard table bucket labels here

If you already own these or have some coming your way, you can download the number tags here

I changed out several of my posters to match my color scheme. You can download all of these here

We have two white boards in our room, and every year I always go a little crazy trying to figure out how to make the extra one useful. It is too high for most of my kiddos to reach so it can't display anything that is too interactive. I decided to put my math word wall on it this year so that the math vocabulary is visible to everyone from any spot in the room. You can read more about how we use our math word wall here


Here is our classroom birthday banner. I will just write the kiddos names and actual birth date on the clips. You can download this one here and the one I used last year here


...and lastly, two bulletin boards that are outside of my room. 

This one is right outside my door. I will display student work on it. I plan to change out the words on the chalkboard to go along with whatever is displayed. You can download the Welcome Back banner here

Burlap is from JoAnn's
Chalkboard border here
Arrow chalkboard is from Hobby Lobby

This bulletin board is in our grade level workroom. Choose Joy is one of my absolute favorite verses from the Bible and is something I constantly remind myself to do not matter what the circumstances are. 

Flowers and banner are from Hobby Lobby
Chalkboard border here

I am getting a few more things finished up this week in my room, so that I will be ready to greet 20ish new kiddos next week! 

55 comments:

  1. Love it! Similar to my colors, but I love your farmhouse chic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So GORGEOUS! !!!! Calming, joyful and FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable!! So clean, fresh, and inviting for your students!! Love it, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! I could sit in your classroom all day!! <33 Ps. It seriously took me a good minute of looking at the little frames by your desk thinking...that's not her family..am I on the right blog?! (Before I realized they're the pics that came with the frames!! HA! #hotmess)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't stop looking at the pictures... it looks GREAT! Have a wonderful school year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING! Wow! Seriously. Every single little detail is PERFECT. I'm in love with your room and everything about it! Thanks for sharing! :)
    Hope you have an awesome year!

    -Liz
    TheHappyTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your classroom is absolutely beautiful! It's so calm and peaceful!
    Shine on in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so in love with everything about your room! You did an awesome job! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looooove!!!! Your classroom is amazing. Everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I know your classroom will give you and the kids lots of good times together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your room is just beautiful. I love everything about it. The picture I shared of my desk was taken in August before the kids arrived! I wouldn't want to photograph it right now! Yikes.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! Just the "rustic/homey" feel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Nice Job on your classroom. I love it. It is very cozy and inviting.

    Sue
    The Very Busy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG your room is absolutely adorable and cozy! #goals

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stumbled upon your page and love you classroom! How did the rug work out for you? I always have trouble with the edges of my carpets curling up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How have your spray painted bins held up? I love your classroom! It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How have your spray painted bins held up? I love your classroom! It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have held up great! Using them again this year!

      Delete
    2. Going to do the same.... A bit worried they will chip! I too hand this theme but have a bit of rainbow going on too. Trying to figure out how to blend the two looks... Any new updates this year?

      Delete
  18. Got my shiplap paper! I am sooooo copying this design ! Love it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Got my shiplap paper! I am sooooo copying this design ! Love it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How did you get the large chalkboard to stay secured to the bulletins board?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Michelle! I love these ideas, and I'm totally using the birthday banners. How did you get the letters to look like that with the transparent one with an outline and almost like a drop shadow of color? I love it and have been trying to figure it out in photoshop all morning but I've exhausted all of my ideas! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out my FREE editable banner in my Teachers Pay Teachers store! The directions are on there. Kimberly Geswin also has a tutorial on You Tube!

      Delete
  22. Hi Michelle, I came across your site when searching Pinterest! I love your classroom! Are you able to make an alphabet like your notebook paper birthday banner? I absolutely love it! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How has the burlap held up all year?

    ReplyDelete
  24. How has the burlap held up all year?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am OBSESSED with this post! I find you on Pinterest and even though I am a 5th grade teacher, I SO want my room to look like this! AWESOME idea!!
    5thgradefantastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great atmosphere for learning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful classroom you have created for your students. It looks fantastic! Thank you for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for sharing your amazing classroom!!! How did your burlap bulletin board hold up? Did you use staples on it? It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used staples. It held up great! Using it again this year!

      Delete
  30. Love this room! I am planning on painting my Dollar Tree bins as you did. How did the paint hold up? Did they chip very much? Thank you for sharing your lovely room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very little chipping! Held up great! Reusing them this school year!

      Delete
  31. I LOVE this! I have a question, the number posters in this post look full page but the downloadable ones are half page, are they full page in this or do they just look bigger. I LOVE this post, it inspired me for me classroom decor! THANK YOU for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet! Thank you! Yes, they are half page :)

      Delete
  32. Your room is so comforting, I have serious classroom envy! How do you get the paper and borders to stick to your walls that are drywall and not brick? Mine are always falling or never line up right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used staples! This paper is great! I took it down at the end of last school year and reused it all again this year!

      Delete
  33. Hey Michelle,
    What size rug did you get? I love this rug and it would fit in perfectly with my farmhouse preschool room!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. How did your spray painted book boxes work out? I am really wanting to do the same, but I was worried about chipping. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love every detail! I am totally copying your Ship Lap idea! I have a small special ed classroom, but love the color scheme and rustic touches. I am anxious to see your desk top!
    Thank you for sharing your creative ideas.
    V. Harling

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful classroom!So cozy and happy!
    Love,
    Katie
    colorfullykatie.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful classroom! So cozy and happy!
    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love all your ideas!! Very similar to my farmhouse theme in my classroom this year!! I will be adding some of your cool ideas to my decor for next year!
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  40. Was the wood paper 48inches wide or long ? I have a board that is 36 in wide will it cover it?

    ReplyDelete